All newly registered member are required to provide ONE (1) Introduction Topic and TWO (2) other interaction post within the Member Intro Section to gain access into other forum sections.

Post are subject to sgbTEAM approval

Email through the Board

New to SgB? Read here first before posting anywhere.
ah^gao
sgbTEAM
sgbTEAM

Email through the Board

Post by ah^gao » Wed 12 Oct 2011, 12:08 am

It had been notice that many members post up their email address within the forum to allow other members to contact them. This will generally "attract" spam bots/spiders that crawls through SgB and "collect" these emails.

SgB forum has a good Email function that allows member to interact through their own email account without the hassle of disclosing your email to the other party.

Look through the attached image, which is self-explanatory.

1.) Your email will not be disclose at all thus preventing any possibility of crawlers "collecting" your email through the Forum.

2.) Sender do not know your email address too. They are sending you an email through the Forum scripting function. Your email is still unknown to them till you reply via your own email client or webmail based programs.

When sending email, just look under the member profile or his/her posting for the [Email] button. Image

Click on that button and it will bring you to a email form, which you can write your email to the member.

If you don't see that email button, it means that member didn't turn on his/her email function.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel Kaw

I'm Not So Good At Advice; Can I Interest You With A Sarcastic Comment?
New In The Forum! Please Read SgB Forum Rules First.

Jen1210

Re: Email through the Board

Post by Jen1210 » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

hi i'm unable to contact in any form, be it PM or Email to mods regarding login issues i'm facing.

ah^gao
sgbTEAM
sgbTEAM

Re: Email through the Board

Post by ah^gao » Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:57 am

Jen, that is because you are a Newly Registered Member.

Now with 2 approved post, you should see the Image at the bottom of each member's post, IF that member set it on.

Beside VIP Member, no other member has Image function. But I'm looking into it. Probably allow PM function after certain duration or # of quality posting, depending...
Daniel Kaw

I'm Not So Good At Advice; Can I Interest You With A Sarcastic Comment?
New In The Forum! Please Read SgB Forum Rules First.