All newly registered member are required to provide ONE (1) Introduction Topic and TWO (2) other interaction post within the Member Intro Section to gain access into other forum sections.

Post are subject to sgbTEAM approval

[QUOTE] Function

New to SgB? Read here first before posting anywhere.
CutieTerri
Egg
Egg

[QUOTE] Function

Post by CutieTerri » Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

Firstly, to Ah Gao and Meiling, sorry about the quoting thing.

Now then i notice your warning "PLS DO NOT QUOTE AN ENTIRE POST IN REPLY DIRECTLY AFTER."

I do not understand. I am not somewhat IT programmer. What do you mean by "quote an entire post in reply directly after"? I was just using the "quote" function beside the "profile" and "email". I have use this function in other topics and its seen ok.

Is there something i should know more about usage of the "quote" function?

ah^gao
sgbTEAM
sgbTEAM

Re: [QUOTE] Function

Post by ah^gao » Thu 22 Dec 2011, 8:06 am

OK, I shall explain all over again to allow new member to understand why I set this rules for the use of [ quote ] function.

When you wish to quote to reply a particular member some post before, you use the [ quote ] function, but DO EDIT the quote.

Example below:
====================================================
CutieTerri wrote:Firstly, to Ah Gao and Meiling, sorry about the quoting thing.

Now then i notice your warning "PLS DO NOT QUOTE AN ENTIRE POST IN REPLY DIRECTLY AFTER."

I do not understand. I am not somewhat IT programmer. What do you mean by "quote an entire post in reply directly after"? I was just using the "quote" function beside the "profile" and "email". I have use this function in other topics and its seen ok.

Is there something i should know more about usage of the "quote" function?
Apology accepted.
My reply to you with an entire quote but just replying to your 1st statement. If this happens in all posting, the entire page will be very long and lengthy, which will cause reading difficult.

It could be edited to:
CutieTerri wrote:Firstly, to Ah Gao and Meiling, sorry about the quoting thing.
Apology accepted.

There is also a quick reply directly below each thread. Just type what you wish to reply with respect to the topic discuss without quoting.

In simple words, QUOTE what you need to reply to allow other to read the thread with ease.

Lastly, ALWAYS preview your post before you submit!
Daniel Kaw

I'm Not So Good At Advice; Can I Interest You With A Sarcastic Comment?
New In The Forum! Please Read SgB Forum Rules First.