All newly registered member are required to provide ONE (1) Introduction Topic and TWO (2) other interaction post within the Member Intro Section to gain access into other forum sections.

Post are subject to sgbTEAM approval

REPLYING EMAIL FROM THE FORUM

New to SgB? Read here first before posting anywhere.
ah^gao
sgbTEAM
sgbTEAM

REPLYING EMAIL FROM THE FORUM

Post by ah^gao » Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:18 pm

I'm not sure anyone had faced such problem with the board emailing system, but I received a few emails requesting for assistance on replying emails from the board by other member.

Let walk through and hopefully it share some lights...

Almost all members don't have Private Message Function. I will not go deep into it as you can do a search within the FAQ and find the answer.

So to allow other member to contact you, you have to turn on your emailing function, under your [ User Control Panel ] >> [ Board preferences ] >> [ Edit global settings ] >> [ Users can contact me by e-mail: ] >> Set to YES.

Your profile will have the button Image appear, and in every post you make.

Your email will not be disclose nor will any crawler get your email address. IT IS SAFE, until you reply... read on.

When a member of the forum click that button to send you an email, you will received as follow:

Code: Select all

Hello *** so-and-so ***,

The following is an e-mail sent to you by *** who-send-you *** via your account on "SgButterfly". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

info@sgbutterfly.org

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of *** who-send-you ***.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blar~-Blar~-Blar~-Blar~-Blar~-Blar~-Blar~-Blar~-
If you wish to reply, just click [ Reply-To ] on your email client, and reply the email accordingly.

Do note that by replying that email, your email will be disclosed to the recipient.

Please comment within here if you got further question, and I will try to answer them.
Daniel Kaw

I'm Not So Good At Advice; Can I Interest You With A Sarcastic Comment?
New In The Forum! Please Read SgB Forum Rules First.