All newly registered member are required to provide ONE (1) Introduction Topic and TWO (2) other interaction post within the Member Intro Section to gain access into other forum sections.

Post are subject to sgbTEAM approval

FREEDOM- OCTrans Support

Old information that might not be valid.
jaanus_lallu
Egg
Egg

FREEDOM- OCTrans Support

Post by jaanus_lallu » Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:51 am

It’s time to step up, break free and look for a fresh start. Just when you thought there was no one out there, Oogachaga presents FREEDOM, a safe and closed support group for Transgender in Singapore.

Join us for support and psycho-education surrounding issues for gender, such as gender identity, gender presentation, and understanding friends and family. This group provides a positive and supportive environment for people to explore their own evolution, as well as, meet new friends.

FREEDOM is aimed at individuals early in their transition to help coping with the physical changes while maintaining their emotional and overall wellbeing. The group will run weekly over a span of two months in two separate groups, one for women (Male to Females) and the other for men (Female to Males).

However, OCTrans acknowledges that gender is fluid and that feelings and expression of gender may or may not change over time, and so in this group there is no expectation or requirement to ‘decide’ upon your gender identity, adopt a particular label, or to act, behave or dress in any particular way to express this gender.

Particpants are encouraged to explore their gender in their own time and express this in ways that they are comfortable in doing so.

The facilitators and volunteers who support OCTrans are Transgender or Gender Queer people themselves, or have extensive experience and knowledge of transgender experiences.

Starting Dates 30th July - Saturday (Male to Female) | 31st July - Sunday (Female to Male)
Venue Details to be mailed to registered participants
Time: 2.00 to 5.00pm (Every Saturday / Sunday)
Fee: $80.00 per participant for whole program
Closing date for registration: 16th July 2011

http://www.oogachaga.com/freedom

meiling
Chrysalis
Chrysalis

Re: FREEDOM- OCTrans Support

Post by meiling » Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

@jaanus_lallu, I have some questions to ask.

1) May I know how many sessions will there be for the entire session?
2) Can we have a sample of the topics covered during each different session?
3) Is there a time table for us to reference?
4) What are the activities involved, in more detail?
5) What does the $80 cover during the program?
6) What if a participant fails to participate in one of the session? Will a partial sum be refunded?

Thanks

jaanus_lallu
Egg
Egg

Post by jaanus_lallu » Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

Hi Meiling! Thank you for the questions. Generally i will invite interested particpants to the office and give them an overview of the session as well as answer all questions. But since you've asked i might as well answer.

1) May I know how many sessions will there be for the entire session?
There will be a total of 10 sessions. Two of these will be social outings and one will be a follow up session. In other words there will be 7 in house sessions

2) Can we have a sample of the topics covered during each different session?
Some of the topics may vary based on the needs of the people who join the group, but overall we will be covering topics such as, introduction of transgender topics, personal goals, loving yourself, love and relationships, beyond label, community and family

3) Is there a time table for us to reference?
Session's will be weekly (Saturdays). The timetable will be disseminated to participants on the first session.

4) What are the activities involved, in more detail?
In house sessions would include a variety of activities to allow participants to interact and explore their life journeys. It will include ice breaking games, to team builiding, to facilitated conversations on particular topics

5) What does the $80 cover during the program?
The $80 will cover the entire duration of the program. It will be used for the basics, such as weekly refreshments and materials.

6) What if a participant fails to participate in one of the session? Will a partial sum be refunded?
Payment will be done in two parts. Before the start of the first session and during the middle of the run. While not encouraged for the sake of group dynamics, participants who do choose to drop out before the second half will not have to pay that amount. Otherwise there will be no reimbursements.

Hope that answered everything! Do feel free to email me at shan@oogachaga.com, to inquire further .

felicia
Larva
Larva

Post by felicia » Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

i like what you have going on here for the tg community. if something like this was around 10- 15 years ago, it would have helped me a lot.
i must say the $80 fee is justified but if your target group is early transistioners, some of them would be in their late teens and might not be able to pay $80 up front. maybe you should allow them pay in 2 installments so the don't miss out due to finical reasons.
just my thoughts.

jaanus_lallu
Egg
Egg

Post by jaanus_lallu » Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

Thanks Felicia. I'm trying my best to provide what i wished i had myself.

Agree with you at $80 will be too much for one shot payment. I had the same idea of paying in two installments. So $40 at the start of the run and $40 in the middle.

I hope something can come out of this!