All newly registered member are required to provide ONE (1) Introduction Topic and TWO (2) other interaction post within the Member Intro Section to gain access into other forum sections.

Post are subject to sgbTEAM approval

THE SWAN PROJECT

Old information that might not be valid.
ah^gao
sgbTEAM
sgbTEAM

THE SWAN PROJECT

Post by ah^gao » Thu 18 Sep 2014, 10:34 am

The Swan Project Singapore (TSP), a movement for transgender individuals founded by a team of National University of Singapore undergraduates from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department of Communication and New Media.

The project aims to promote understanding and awareness of transgender individuals in Singapore by providing information, telling stories, support opportunities, and dismantling misconceptions about transgender people through an online platform.

Through preliminary research, TSP believe there is a poor societal understanding of the transgender community in Asia and Singapore. As such, aspiring to create a stronger and more inclusive home for the transgender community, their families and partners, TSP are currently reaching out to related individuals and social groups to enhance our understanding of the prevalent needs and challenges of the transgender community. In doing so, TSP hope to come up with approaches that could better address problems raised.

Anyone interested, you may want to visit our website http://swanprojectsg.wordpress.com to a better understanding of The Swan Project.
Daniel Kaw

I'm Not So Good At Advice; Can I Interest You With A Sarcastic Comment?
New In The Forum! Please Read SgB Forum Rules First.

CookieMonster
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: THE SWAN PROJECT

Post by CookieMonster » Mon 22 Sep 2014, 1:59 pm

I would like to volunteer !!

reassembly

Post by reassembly » Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:41 am

Ohay that's me, I'm Rocky. Had to go with the silliest alias - it's against their policy to put my legal name. But if anyone would like to get in touch with them directly, send me a message or something.

ah^gao
sgbTEAM
sgbTEAM

Post by ah^gao » Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:01 am

The Swan Project was first conceived as a research project to gain a better understanding of issues faced by the transgender community in Singapore.
This year, they are embarking on a campaign that would help raise funds for Singapore's 1st transgender shelter. As part of the campaign, they hope to raise awareness amongst the general public about the Singapore transgender community by sharing YOUR STORIES. Here is one example http://swanprojectsg.wordpress.com/2014 ... -patricia/

Feel free to express yourself in any creative manner, it could be
1) a short description of your life/experiences
2) a poem
3) a song
4) a drawing
5) a photograph with a caption
etc.

Share with us your story today at swanprojectsg@gmail.com,
For more information, please visit: http://swanprojectsg.wordpress.com/
Daniel Kaw

I'm Not So Good At Advice; Can I Interest You With A Sarcastic Comment?
New In The Forum! Please Read SgB Forum Rules First.